Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Issues with DEV to LIVE hosting

Go to End

Stempy

2 Posts

17 December 2007 at 1:59pm

First off, Silverstripe is a awesome CMS, the interface is great, and the structuring of the framework seems very good.

I have a similar problem to http://www.silverstripe.com/site-builders-forum/flat/8313#post8313
(Moving from DEV to LIVE) where I have Silverstripe working fine on a local dev environment (with XAMPP) however after transferring the files and database (using phpmyadmin to import), I came across a few issues:

1. Blank Page, so I added ini_set('display_errors',1), and error_reporting to E_ALL, anyway this showed up a memory overflow, so I upped the mem to 60M, then 70M (as the mem management is a little screwey atm, I'm sure this will be ironed out in later versions).

2. After memory limit has increased, now get the following:
ERROR:
Error
The website server has not been able to respond to your request.

------- This is when moving from the dev to live server.

Installing a fresh copy of SS works ok, providing the memory limit is high (eg. the 70M), it is running on Apache with mod_rewrite used for other scripts, however warnings are still shown by the ss installer. I would rather move across from dev to live than install fresh.

Anyone's thoughts on this would be great.