1. I think the Kiwi, at least in the way it is used here is a little cheesy.
2. I wonder if you softened the contrast of the black text on white background, it would be improved. E.g. a dark brown on a light brown. Perhaps the background could come through as a watermark, or something.
3. Can you make the pattern in the header match the pattern in the background? I.e. so that it makes it look like the pattern is all the same, but just turns brown in one section?
4. The big white area feels like it missing a border or some other flair?
5. Add a footer.
6. In your text, add a "Heading 2" and "heading 3" and a link and style these, as these will be needed in the overall theme :)
So, if someone else can translate my broadstroke ideas into design direction with finesse, that'd be cool :P
Here's an example of making elements of a page ornamental. This means you don't have to have the burden of all design acting on the overall page, but that even the lowly form is supporting the aesthetic.