Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Windows Vista Theme

Go to End

14 Posts   15489 Views

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

21 December 2007 at 8:34am

I really like this theme, congratulations.

I'd say that the headings being blue clash with the overwhelming otherwise green look.

Have a play, but perhaps either some dark green, or other complimentary colour (dark grey? brown? A rusty dark orange?) might be better.

I'm an advocate for blue links, so I'd attempt to keep those in. Maybe the links need to be a bit dark so they're not as washed out? :P

Ryan

Community Member, 11 Posts

21 December 2007 at 10:55am

Thank you.

The background was originally blue, so thats where I got the blue headings from.

I think your right though, A dark green would look nice. I think the standards fonts need to be darkened a bit as well.

I will get right onto it as soon as I have a moment spare.

Wojtek

Community Member, 149 Posts

5 January 2008 at 3:37am

hey Ryan,
your windows vista theme is great, I have included it modified on my site (http://soccer.apocalypse.pl. However, there are some issues about the CSS validation:

first, in typography .css it should not be .typography a:visted { but ".typography a:visited { ", and the second one:
the validator doesn't like
"filter: alpha(opacity=80);
opacity: 0.8;
-moz-opacity: 0.8;"
in layout.css, I'd rather replace it with a 1x1 px 80% transperent png and "background: url(../images/bg.png);" - the css validator likes it ;)

cheers,
Wojtek

Ryan

Community Member, 11 Posts

19 January 2008 at 10:52pm

Thanks, I need to change the first one, but in the second one if I use a semi transparent png, it will completely mess up in IE6 and below.

So its the lesser of two evils.

incorrect use of css or a really horrible ie6 and below.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5521 Posts

19 January 2008 at 11:21pm

or do both.

Use wojteks idea by default then have a IE6.css file with the current and use conditional comments to send only ie6 the filter hack.

Then you get a valid layout.css file (the validater doesn't have to bother with the IE stylesheet) if thats your thing and a working version in IE6.

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

29 April 2008 at 8:54am

Have you experimented with stuff like this in your CSS?

object {
filter: alpha(opacity=100);
opacity: 100;
-moz-opacity: 100"

}

(I'm not sure if opacity of 100 means normal).

Go to Top