Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

hasmanycomplextablefield still not working ( in SVN build, works fine in stable )

6 Posts   2695 Views

OzziNL

Community Member, 37 Posts

28 December 2007 at 6:02am

Edited: 04/01/2008 9:38am

Hi there,

I am trying the tutorial 5 Mentor - student relation but still getting:

ERROR:Error 512: ComplexTableField::DetailForm() Cannot automatically determine 'has-one'-relationship to parent, please use setParentClass() to set it manually At l266 in /usr/home/inventheon/www/sapphire/forms/ComplexTableField.php

Don't know where to put the setParentClass() to get it working. In the demo it is working ... can somebody help me please?! I need it very urgent!

Regards,
OzziNL

OzziNL

3 January 2008 at 10:19pm

Hello,

Isn't there anybody that has this problem? I need the 1-to-many structure very urgent?

Isn't it possible to get some code of the demo pages? Because there the student-mentor example is working but if you download the code of tutorial 5, this isn't?

Or is the demo site not running on the latest SVN version?

I hope someone can help me...

Oscar

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

5 January 2008 at 9:38pm

hm, just tested the tutorial-code against the latest phpinstaller (branches/2.2.1), worked fine.
if you want to explicitly set your relation-class, add the following to Project->getCMSFields():
<code>
$tablefield->setParentClass('Project');
</code>

OzziNL

9 January 2008 at 1:18am

Indeed, it's working in the phpInstaller version.

But not in the latest SVN version. FYI...

Regards,
Oscar

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

9 January 2008 at 10:59am

you're right, we managed to break this by merging old code from a project-branch of sapphire - should be fixed in http://open.silverstripe.com/changeset/47747.
can you please test that this fix works for you?

OzziNL

9 January 2008 at 11:59am

I'll do that tomorrow...bedtime here ;)