Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

chat in SilverStripe

Go to End

15 Posts   15660 Views

Wojtek

Community Member, 149 Posts

6 January 2008 at 12:10am

Edited: 06/01/2008 12:10am

hey,
I would like to implement an AJAX based chat widget (or module?) to SilverStripe. However, I'm not sure whether it's already implemented or not, so I would like to make sure first before starting the work that it's not already done.

If not, could you please open a widget (or module) creating task in GHOP?

cheers,
Wojtek

Wojtek

6 January 2008 at 12:19am

well, maybe I'll leave the chat for my Google Summer of Code task (I've got loads of great ideas about it!)

alfa

Community Member, 20 Posts

6 January 2008 at 2:47am

It would be great to have a AJAX chat module on Silverstripe ^^

Cheers,

Wojtek

6 January 2008 at 4:20am

Edited: 06/01/2008 4:21am

Well, I've got a lot of great ideas about it, I hope that the silverstripe team will let me do it as a GSoC task, or maybe I'll do it earlier :)

Mednezz

Community Member, 23 Posts

24 February 2008 at 4:58am

Hey!

I also want to develop a ajax chat, maybe i can help you developping!

Have you made any progress yet?

Wojtek

24 February 2008 at 8:37am

Edited: 24/02/2008 8:38am

well, in fact I have the whole chat ready so I only need to integrate it with SilverStripe. I'm pretty sure thatyou will not be able to make something really better yourself from scratch, as we have done a lot of testing and improvements, so I think that the best way to do for you is to wait for my release and then improve it the way you want ;) my chat includes emoticons, multiple tab chats and all the elementary stuff that any chat needs (and it works pretty fast =])

cheers

Mednezz

Community Member, 23 Posts

24 February 2008 at 10:12am

Great!! That will save me a lot of work. Probably only some customization for my project!

Can you give me an idea when it will be available? Maybe a svn repository where i can get it? I could create a public repository for you to commit it.

Wojtek

24 February 2008 at 10:22am

I'll need about one month to finish it or so... it's part of my other project and I have to get it all work. I'm worried that before this time I can't make it availible (well, maybe a few days earlier) check http://czat.openworlds.pl to see how it works (the pre alpha version)

Go to Top