Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

chat in SilverStripe

Go to End

15 Posts   9026 Views

Wojtek

Community Member, 149 Posts

6 January 2008 at 12:10am

Edited: 06/01/2008 12:10am

hey,
I would like to implement an AJAX based chat widget (or module?) to SilverStripe. However, I'm not sure whether it's already implemented or not, so I would like to make sure first before starting the work that it's not already done.

If not, could you please open a widget (or module) creating task in GHOP?

cheers,
Wojtek

Wojtek

6 January 2008 at 12:19am

well, maybe I'll leave the chat for my Google Summer of Code task (I've got loads of great ideas about it!)

alfa

Community Member, 20 Posts

6 January 2008 at 2:47am

It would be great to have a AJAX chat module on Silverstripe ^^

Cheers,

Wojtek

6 January 2008 at 4:20am

Edited: 06/01/2008 4:21am

Well, I've got a lot of great ideas about it, I hope that the silverstripe team will let me do it as a GSoC task, or maybe I'll do it earlier :)

Mednezz

Community Member, 23 Posts

24 February 2008 at 4:58am

Hey!

I also want to develop a ajax chat, maybe i can help you developping!

Have you made any progress yet?

Wojtek

24 February 2008 at 8:37am

Edited: 24/02/2008 8:38am

well, in fact I have the whole chat ready so I only need to integrate it with SilverStripe. I'm pretty sure thatyou will not be able to make something really better yourself from scratch, as we have done a lot of testing and improvements, so I think that the best way to do for you is to wait for my release and then improve it the way you want ;) my chat includes emoticons, multiple tab chats and all the elementary stuff that any chat needs (and it works pretty fast =])

cheers

Mednezz

Community Member, 23 Posts

24 February 2008 at 10:12am

Great!! That will save me a lot of work. Probably only some customization for my project!

Can you give me an idea when it will be available? Maybe a svn repository where i can get it? I could create a public repository for you to commit it.

Wojtek

24 February 2008 at 10:22am

I'll need about one month to finish it or so... it's part of my other project and I have to get it all work. I'm worried that before this time I can't make it availible (well, maybe a few days earlier) check http://czat.openworlds.pl to see how it works (the pre alpha version)

Go to Top