Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

User/Member Administration

Go to End

3 Posts   1943 Views

Panman

Community Member, 1 Post

12 January 2008 at 1:15pm

Hi, can anyone help me with adding a new user/member/content editor? I can not for the life of me figure out how to add a new user and give them rights to edit certain sections of the Website. I've given them CMS rights and such but when I try to login I get an "not authorized" error.

I'm also having issue with seeing the Widgets tab but that's another topic... This is a very promising CMS but there are some features still missing. Once I finish another project I'll be willing to help with the programing. :) Thanks!

jme

Community Member, 2 Posts

12 January 2008 at 2:41pm

I found that if you didn't give that user rights to access the security module and logged out whilst still in the security module, things would break.

The fix is to move say into the cms module, then log out. Works for me now.

jamie

dio5

Community Member, 501 Posts

14 January 2008 at 7:46am

The thing is, SS remembers where you were last. So if you add someone with cms-rights, you're in the security section, but you're new user can not enter there.

So, when you then log out, and try to log in again as the new user (without Security permissions), SS tries to direct you to the Security section, but can't and says you aren't authorized.

The solution is to manually type the correct url (just /admin/ ) or log in as admin and go to the cms.