Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Calendar Announcements

5 Posts   1948 Views

jseth

Community Member, 98 Posts

15 October 2010 at 4:41am

I'm gingerly re-creating my website from ver 2.3.8 to ver 2.4.2. Mostly it's going well (I tried a straight upgrade but ran into too many things that didn't work right, so now I'm doing it little by little so I can identify what I need to correct), and I installed the svn event_calendar and the dataobject_manager, so now the event calendar works, but I'm now wondering, is there a way to import all of our Announcements from the ver 2.3.8 site into the calendar on the 2.4.2 site (they're pointed to different databases, if I need to mention that). I'm not thrilled with the thought of re-entering all of the announcements.

Thank you!

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

15 October 2010 at 5:28am

Do you have a database tool you can use to export and import those records? Shouldn't be too complicated.

--------------------
SilverStripe tips, tutorials, screencasts and more: http://www.leftandmain.com

jseth

15 October 2010 at 5:58am

Yes, I've actually imported some data from a few tables exporting and importing using PhPMyAdmin, such as my users and the security items. I just don't know which table/records the Announcements are found in.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

15 October 2010 at 6:36am

Pretty straightforward.. They're all in the CalendarDateTime table with "is_announcement" set to 1, and CalendarID = the calendar page id.

--------------------
SilverStripe tips, tutorials, screencasts and more: http://www.leftandmain.com

jseth

15 October 2010 at 7:26am

Edited: 15/10/2010 7:31am

It's the Calendar ID. It's different from one database to the other. Thanks!