Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Uninstalling Silverstripe

Go to End

7 Posts   2455 Views

KatB

Community Member, 105 Posts

17 January 2008 at 5:44pm

I am really excited about using Silverstripe and have put a lot of effort into learning how it works.

However, I think I just absolutely stuffed my installation (I get the login pop up box and then I go nowhere). I think I need to uninstall and re-install.

To uninstall, should I just remove all files and drop all tables?

Thank you!

Out of sheer curiousity, what is the most likely reason for me stuffing up the installation? I was changing database table structure at the time, through a page type. Is that enough reason?

KatB

17 January 2008 at 6:15pm

Oh, and attempting to fix the erroneous file didn't help. Nor did resetting that file back to basic. I've certainly done something!

saimo

Community Member, 67 Posts

18 January 2008 at 1:51am

Are you shure you have visited http://[yoursite]/db/build/?flush=1 when logged in?

KatB

18 January 2008 at 11:29am

Yup!

I deleted all the files and dropped the table. Installed a newer version of Silverstripe v2.2.1 and now 'I can't access that part of the CMS'. !?

KatB

18 January 2008 at 1:22pm

How the blinking heck do I uninstall this thing?!

I have deleted all the files and I dropped the table. Theoretically it should all be gone. All.

Then I uploaded a tar of version 2.0, extract that on the server, and then ran install.php. Upon completion, I found that some of the changes I made to the template are still hanging around. Then I decided to blame MySQL and not only dropped the table, but made another one with a completely new name. Nonetheless, some things are clearly still sticking around.

How on earth do I completely remove Silverstripe to have a completely new installation?

KatB

18 January 2008 at 2:47pm

SORTED! I now have a nice fresh install I can crash again, hopefully, next time, in a new way. :)

Still blaming MySQL. It seems you need to give it time to actually delete stuff.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

18 January 2008 at 4:28pm

"found that some of the changes I made to the template are still hanging around"

That would probably be because silverstripe caches the template files and when you reinstalled you used the same folder name?

You would need to completely empty your computers/servers cache to clear all trace of ss.

Glad you got it sorted though!