Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Blog plugin

6 Posts   2054 Views

madsnp

Community Member, 8 Posts

18 January 2008 at 9:27am

I've installed the blog plugin following the instructions by installing to a subdir ("blog") and running the flush - which acc. to output updated the system database. Next questions is quite lame:

What now?

Well, evidently I'd like to begin tweaking - or simply access the plugin to try it out admin-wise, but it's nowhere to be found in the admin GUI I thought it would show up in the content/pagetype options...

Where am I to go from here...? Thanks!!

Wojtek

Community Member, 149 Posts

18 January 2008 at 9:56am

A new site should be shown both on your site and in the CMS.

Ar you sure that you installed the blog in the right folder an have run http://yoursite/db/build?flush=1 ??

madsnp

18 January 2008 at 10:41am

Edited: 18/01/2008 10:44am

hi wojtek... and thanks for responding.

That's what I assumed - I tried rebuilding once more by flushing again. Same output and same result - no new pages neither in the front nor in the backend in spite of output that suggest something else. I've attatched a dump up the flush output.

Dunno... just plain nothing. Damn, I'm really fumbling in the dark here! Grrr....frustrating!

dio5

Community Member, 501 Posts

18 January 2008 at 11:10am

Where did you put the blog folder?

Wojtek

Community Member, 149 Posts

18 January 2008 at 12:01pm

The structure of the blog package is something like blog 0.5.1/blog/all_the_files
You should have blog/all_the_files on your site, without blog 0.5.1 (or any other version number it is)

madsnp

19 January 2008 at 12:16am

Thanks for helping out guys - and sorry for late response but was seeing double so simply had to hit the sheets.

Seems sleep was the missing ingredient, as I this morning turned to take another look at the folder structure I had placed the files in a dir: www.mydomain.com/blog/blog - logically (nooot!).
I moved to files upward to the correct folder www.mydomain.com/blog and made a reflush (www.mydomain.com/db/build?flush=1) and; vupti - as I login to the CMS backend Inow have the blogentry and blogpost options when creating a new page...

As you can tell I'm not that much of a techie, so thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction guys - I guess the forest is simply clouded by trees sometimes...! :-)