Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

can't create a new page type - trying to debug how /db/build works

Go to End

12 Posts   6219 Views

erasul

Community Member, 4 Posts

24 January 2008 at 12:44pm

So I tried to create a HomePage page type and I don't see it in the drop-down. I followed these instructions below:

http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=tutorial:1-building-a-basic-site#using_a_different_template_for_the_home_page

Is there any way I can debug how this gets added?

erasul

Community Member, 4 Posts

24 January 2008 at 1:20pm

I am going to do a fresh install on a new site and see I can add it there.

Tomase

Community Member, 16 Posts

29 January 2008 at 9:08pm

Hello!

I have the same problem. Did you solve it, and if you did, how?

Tomase

SilverRay

Community Member, 167 Posts

29 January 2008 at 11:21pm

Did you flush the admin side, as per putting ?flush=1 after 'admin/' in the url? That might help...

Tomase

Community Member, 16 Posts

31 January 2008 at 12:39am

I did flush, but the "home" side .... I thought it was the sides using the templates I should flush when doing changes in the templates??

I have now reinnstalled Silverstrip because I didnt choose the "tutorial" version at the first installation. I think my problem with the new page type was because I was putting the php fil in the wrong folder (tutorial). I have not had time to try it again but I suppose the problem should be solved. I'll try it later today :-)

Danger

Community Member, 3 Posts

28 March 2008 at 9:43am

I am having the same problem. I have tried adding a new page type to the tutorial/code folder as in the tutorial "Extending a Basic Site". But the new pages don't come up in the database build or the dropdown.

I have tried refreshing, rebuilding the backend and the front end. I also reinstalled silverstripe and switched to the exe installer. None of these things seem to allow me to add pages.

Have you guys got any solutions?

Cheers,
Chris

Slurpdog

Community Member, 3 Posts

20 May 2008 at 10:05am

Edited: 20/05/2008 10:08am

I have a similar problem and it is that I want to add a page type to a "theme" and the documentation only shows adding a page type to the "tutorial". Thing is that they have slightly different structures and I can't find any help on this. Can someone help?

I've posted this here because your problem might be related if you didn't select the tutorial when installing.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

20 May 2008 at 12:39pm

you cannot add page types to only a theme. All PHP class's and page types are defined in mysite/code/. The code is separate from a theme

Go to Top