SilverStripe 2.0.1 is nearly ready to be released, so we thought we would post it on the forums for some public testing before officially releasing it.
You can find it here: http://www.silverstripe.com/assets/temp/silverstripe-v2.0.1-rc2.tar.gz
It contains the following fixes:
- Text->FirstParagraph() now only shows the first paragraph
- Fixed HTMLText->Summary()
- Fixed layout issues on IE7 for TreeDropdownField
- Don't show Akismet errors to user
- Removed overloaded MemberTableField->sourceItems() that was causing problems
- Improved layout of UserDefinedForm submissions in CMS
- Fixed UserDefinedForm submission emails
- Fixed UserDefinedForm permissions
- If a file extension doesn't have a maximum upload size associated with it, then allow uploads of any size
- Fixed a bug with the TreeMultiselectField that prevented it from displaying the checkboxes
- singleton() now uses Object::create
- Made Scheduled tasks concrete so they can be instantiated
- Fixed sizing of tabs in CMS
- Fixed popup for single asset in Files & Images section
- Mime types fallback for servers don't have /etc/mime.types
- Fixed link to CMS on default homepage
- TableField fixes
- Installer fixes
- Fixed MySQL version check
- Merge with existing .htaccess file
- Test that mod_rewrite is working
- Added option to delete installer files after successful install
Please post any bugs, especially ones relating to the installer, in this thread.
laktek, the most likely reason is although mod_rewrite is enabled it isnt configured properly for the directory you installed silverstripe in. Check that AllowOverride is set for that directory. This was a common problem with earlier releases, which is why we've introduced the test.
If you are sure that it is configured properly, you can rename .htaccess_rewrite to .htaccess . If this solves the problem, then the rewrite test doesn't work properly and I need to look into it..
Can people please check the wording of the mod_rewrite error? For instance, I have confirmed one particular PHP4 host (which won't work), SilverStripe 201rc2 complains "Apache/1.3.37 Server at XYZ Port 80. Without Apache I can't tell if mod_rewrite is enabled."... hence we need to fix up the check, rather than the server ;)