Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Can't Access

Go to End

17 Posts   11368 Views

sroveda

Community Member, 2 Posts

27 March 2007 at 10:49am

First of all i've got this message Fatal error: Cannot access protected property Controller::$currentController in /home/sparknet/public_html/cms/sapphire/security/Security.php on line 104
then i've searched for it and discovered that i've needed to change on Controller.php the line:
protected static $currentController to
public static $currentController.
Ok, after the change the first message stopped to show, but when I put my login and password i receive the following:
I'm sorry, but you can't access that part of the CMS. If you want to log in as someone else, do so below
please someone help me!

keaven

Community Member, 4 Posts

28 March 2007 at 3:46pm

Edited: 28/03/2007 3:49pm

I'm having the very same problem. Has anyone encountered this before? I took a quick look at the Group_Members table in the database, and it has user 1 in group 1... so the 'admin' is part of the 'admin' group...

vincent_vega

Community Member, 14 Posts

28 March 2007 at 6:25pm

Same problem, when I get to the successfully installed page it gives me this

Congratulations, SilverStripe has been successfully installed.
* This website is a simplistic version of a SilverStripe 2 site. To extend this, please take a look at our new tutorials.

* You can start editing your site's content by opening the CMS.

Email: admin
Password: password

I've tried both admin & the email address I gave initially along with the passwords

When I type my email address in & click on the "I've lost my password" button it sends me the correct information that I plugged in at the install stage

I'm a designer not a developer, so wouldn't have a clue whats wrong, hopefully someone can fix this problem soon as I've been told this is a great product & Google are interested right, must be good!

vincent_vega

29 March 2007 at 10:07am

Help please..............

vincent_vega

29 March 2007 at 3:42pm

"simple enough for your Mum to use"

maybe if she could actually log into it, hopefully you guys can sort it out.

Back to WordPress for me!

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

29 March 2007 at 6:56pm

I've emailed you vincentvega...

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

29 March 2007 at 7:16pm

In the meantime, open mysite/_config.php and look for the line that will be something like

Security::setDefaultAdmin('admin','password');

This usename/password will definately work.

If you don't have such a line, you can make one...

*Please* let me know what your setDefaultAdmin is set to, or if you don't have such a line.

keaven

Community Member, 4 Posts

30 March 2007 at 12:59am

I have that line, and it is set to 'admin', 'password' .. also, all the connections in the database seem to be in order (admin being a part of the admin group). entering in bogus login info results in a standard 'user does not exist' message, however, entering in 'admin' and 'password' gives the strange, 'you can't access this part of the cms' message.

Go to Top