Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Issue with statistics: Blank page

Go to End

5 Posts   2994 Views

BladedThoth

Community Member, 2 Posts

17 February 2008 at 5:15pm

Edited: 17/02/2008 5:29pm

I'm not sure what is wrong; It appears that the statistics page is broken somehow on my install. Whenever I click on the Statistics tab, I get nothing; A blank page. Viewing source reveals there is nothing either. I'm running 2.2.1 right now, so I'm up to date. I've also tried running ?flush=1 and /db/build?flush=1 as well, to no avail. I can't seem to find any sign of something malfunctioning either. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
BT

ADD: Got the log working, and I got the following error:
[17-Feb-2008 07:35:16] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46 bytes) in /<webhome>/sapphire/core/model/DataObject.php on line 1472

Any ideas?

BladedThoth

Community Member, 2 Posts

20 February 2008 at 1:26pm

Still trying to figure this one out; It appears a memory limit issue; However, I don't know how far I'd have to increase, and more bothersome of an idea, why does this page need more than 30MB memory to run? Any ideas?

jam13

121 Posts

21 February 2008 at 1:30am

Statistics module is badly broken.

It fetches the _entire_ PageView table into memory, which fails once you have a few days/weeks worth of traffic logged.

IMHO it should be completely removed for three reasons:

1) It's currently useless
2) To make it useful would require a lot of work
3) Most people would use a third party webstats program (like Google Analytics) anyway

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

24 February 2008 at 6:48pm

we're aware of the issues with the reporting code in its current state, it will probably become a module on its own on the long run - you definetly get more features with google analytics as it stands.

saimo

Community Member, 67 Posts

27 February 2008 at 10:18am

Google analytics has one drawback though as far as I know (but I have never tried it):
It uses JavaScript, which some people (like me) have disabled by default and where it is not necessary.