Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Non-informative title tags in Google

2 Posts   3641 Views

dille4

Community Member, 14 Posts

27 February 2008 at 1:25pm

Edited: 27/02/2008 3:40pm

After finishing my homepage to go online I have registered my homepage with the "Google Webmaster Tools".

When I run the "Content analysis" tool I get a "Non-informative title tags" error. The tool tells me that "Home" which is my Homepage is the Pages with non-informative title tags.

The fist thing I did was to check my "View Page Source" (right click on every homepage). I can clearly see that CMS creates the <title> from the text I have typed in the "Title" field in the CMS.

<title>My private study</title>

Strangely Google checks the URL in the "Meta-tag" page in CMS which is "home" and not the "Title". Does anybody know a workaround for this issue?

Cheers

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

27 February 2008 at 6:14pm

open up your root page.ss - if you are using a theme then it will be themes / yourthemesname / templates / Page.ss . Open that and do a quick scan for $MetaTags. Change this to $MetaTags(false) then it will not output a title, allowing you to write your custom ones. Eg <title>$Title | Your Site Name</title>.