Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Mac Safari Admin Layout Corrupted

4 Posts   2278 Views

old_mac

Community Member, 1 Post

2 April 2007 at 5:25am

The admin right hand page does not draw correctly on Mac OSX Safari 2.04. All text and fields are compressed under the first tab in a width of about 1 cm. It looks like it is not correctly adjusting for screen width.

For example if I select About Us, I can see the Content Tab etc. If I select the Content Tab, everything appears in a 1 cm column that descends below the Content Tab

We also tested it in Shiira another browser built on the Gecko engine and it is the same as Safari

Apache/2.0.59 (Unix) PHP/5.1.6 DAV/2

PHP memory 32mb

It works fine in FireFox ver 2.01

Chris

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

2 April 2007 at 8:38am

hello old_mac,
silverstripe was never optimized for safari 2.0 (although it seems to come pretty close to working). brian (one of our developers) had it running smooth on a leopard-build - so in case you're thinking of upgrading your osx, you'll get safari-compatibility for free :)

mangee

Community Member, 5 Posts

17 May 2007 at 10:25pm

Edited: 17/05/2007 10:26pm

mmm, yes, I got the same thing with Safari 2.04 under OS X 10.4.9 - but not with the WebKit builds (oldest I have is 19955) up to the recent 21528.. so pop over to http://nightly.webkit.org/ and grab that good ol' Safari feeling without the pain of using FF for admin-ing SilverStripe ;)

PS: How does one put real URLs in a Forum post?

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

10 July 2007 at 9:55pm

(Update: We'll support Safari3; you can see progress elsewhere in the forum)