Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

IE7 scrollbars missing

5 Posts   4437 Views

snarf

Community Member, 5 Posts

2 March 2008 at 4:52am

Hi

I'm building a site : www.carlquistmoller.dk , and I have problems with Internet Explorer 7. It won't show any scrollbars, thus making some of the content unavailable ( for instance in : UNDERHOLDERNING >DEN BLODRØDE RUBIN)

I have used the Khakikraze theme and hacked my way through it. I've included the layout.css , I think it's somewhere in that file I'm missing something.

Anyone had similar problems? Know a solution?

Thanks in advance!

snarf

Community Member, 5 Posts

3 March 2008 at 11:02pm

Anything? Anybody?

thejackel

Community Member, 33 Posts

7 May 2008 at 8:22pm

I'm having this problem also. In IE 7 and Firefox the vertical scrollbars have disappeared completely.

The only way I can scroll is to middle click the mouse to activate the auto scroll.

Anybody, any ideas as to what the problem is?

Thanks

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

7 May 2008 at 10:01pm

You have a height: auto on the body which might be sending IE into a crazy rage. Also if you cannot see scroll bars make sure you dont have a set height on anything with overflow: hidden or something similar.

thejackel

Community Member, 33 Posts

8 May 2008 at 3:29am

thank you kind sir!

it wasn't exactly a height issue what was a problem but your suggestion pointed me in the right direction.

the problem appeared to be with the default styles brought in with the init() method in the Page_Controller class.

I commented these styles out and bingo, hello scrollbars!

cheers ;)