Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

IE7 scrollbars missing

Go to End

5 Posts   5035 Views

snarf

Community Member, 5 Posts

2 March 2008 at 4:52am

Hi

I'm building a site : www.carlquistmoller.dk , and I have problems with Internet Explorer 7. It won't show any scrollbars, thus making some of the content unavailable ( for instance in : UNDERHOLDERNING >DEN BLODRØDE RUBIN)

I have used the Khakikraze theme and hacked my way through it. I've included the layout.css , I think it's somewhere in that file I'm missing something.

Anyone had similar problems? Know a solution?

Thanks in advance!

snarf

Community Member, 5 Posts

3 March 2008 at 11:02pm

Anything? Anybody?

thejackel

Community Member, 33 Posts

7 May 2008 at 8:22pm

I'm having this problem also. In IE 7 and Firefox the vertical scrollbars have disappeared completely.

The only way I can scroll is to middle click the mouse to activate the auto scroll.

Anybody, any ideas as to what the problem is?

Thanks

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

7 May 2008 at 10:01pm

You have a height: auto on the body which might be sending IE into a crazy rage. Also if you cannot see scroll bars make sure you dont have a set height on anything with overflow: hidden or something similar.

thejackel

Community Member, 33 Posts

8 May 2008 at 3:29am

thank you kind sir!

it wasn't exactly a height issue what was a problem but your suggestion pointed me in the right direction.

the problem appeared to be with the default styles brought in with the init() method in the Page_Controller class.

I commented these styles out and bingo, hello scrollbars!

cheers ;)