Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Disable statistics?

Go to End

13 Posts   5482 Views

superautomatic

Community Member, 53 Posts

5 March 2008 at 3:56am

Hi, I'd like to disable statistics logging, but I can't find any information on how to do that. Suggestions?

mundgold

Community Member, 19 Posts

13 March 2008 at 3:15am

Hi, this worked for me - quick and dirty:

sapphire/core/control/ContentController.php
line 76 - public function init()

//Statistics::collect();

superautomatic

Community Member, 53 Posts

27 March 2008 at 1:22am

Thanks!

I'm really starting to think that Silverstripe needs a basic control panel for stuff like this.

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

27 March 2008 at 5:58am

Great tip. I agree that having a settings page would be nice, but it goes against what the developers want SS to be according to one of the pages in the community section.

Is there a way to remove the stats link all together in the admin panel?

dio5

Community Member, 501 Posts

28 March 2008 at 3:26am

Edited: 28/03/2008 3:43am

I really think statistics should be a module apart from the standard package. Most people will might want to use other tools for that anyway and last time I checked the stat section was broken, i.e. getting huge out of memory errors (bug's already reported).

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

28 March 2008 at 6:24am

Edited: 28/03/2008 7:08am

I would agree and I believe it is happening. I remember reading that the Stats and NewsLetter will become modules and removed from the core.

*Edit* Oh, and I found out how to remove it or any link from the admin panel from the good ol' documentation.

Add this to your mysite/_config.php file. Make sure you disable it first, or it'll still log everything and make your database larger.

Object::addStaticVars('LeftAndMain', array(
'removed_menu_items' => array(
      'statistics',
   )
));

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

29 March 2008 at 4:32pm

its in the works, statistics will be an optional module thats not distributed with the core starting from 2.2.3 (see http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/2145#comment:2)

NickJacobs

Community Member, 144 Posts

14 October 2008 at 10:10am

Hi, can this method (LeeUm above) be used to remove other menu items, ie Newsletters?

I tried this:

Object::addStaticVars('LeftAndMain', array(
'removed_menu_items' => array(
'statistics','newsletters',
)
));

but it didn't work...any ideas?

Go to Top