Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Performance issue - Why is SS so slow?

Go to End

ZeGerman

Community Member, 3 Posts

13 March 2008 at 10:38pm

Just dropped SS on the testserver. A descent machine no load just me testing SS.
I set up the 'empty' site with those four basic pages.
I added one line of plain text to the homepage and published it. It took about a minute for the page to be published. Even when publishing it for a second time.

Is there something I can do about this? It scares me. I was looking for a modern CMS replacing Typo3 on lighter projects but with this speed I'd better stick with T3.
How long will it take with some load on the server and plenty of pages to publish?

Maybe there's something I have to do to speed things up? Publishing a page on a mini site shouldn't take longer than a second or maybe two. This is a local install on a bored server :-(

One note: During install it told me mod_rewrite wasn't enabled but it is (checked phpinfo and routing does work). I just passed that page - maybe that caused some trouble?

Thx for any input - I'd love to use SS on future projects but not with current performance issues.