Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Error when installing 2.0.1rc4 on Linux

Go to End

7 Posts   3169 Views

Blackie

Community Member, 4 Posts

5 April 2007 at 3:47pm

I tried installing the latest 2.0.1rc4 on a RedHat Linux server and got the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_http_output() in /home/username/public_html/sapphire/main.php on line 10

Also, I have mod_rewrite successfully working on the server (I have other sites running on the server in virtual host accounts that use mod_rewrite with no problems). But I had to fast-forward past the mod_rewrite check page because it didn't recognize that mod_rewrite was working on the server. I used 2.0.1rc4 because 2.0.1rc3 had the same mod_rewrite error but I couldn't fast-forward past it.

Environment: RedHat Fedora3, Apache 1.3.37, MySQL 4.1.21, PHP 5.1.6. I've tried setting the permissions for /public_html to be owned by the apache user, the account user, chmod 755, chmod 777, etc., all the usual stuff.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or maybe a solution (some file that isn't being included properly or a permissions problem or something?)

Thanks! :)
Alex

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

5 April 2007 at 7:48pm

Blackie, we've patched this minor fix (which will ensure lots more people have fussfree installations...);

See http://www.silverstripe.com/general-discussion/flat/747#post747

Blackie

5 April 2007 at 9:19pm

Hi!

Andy: No, no authentication needed on this account. I downloaded the new rc5 (I missed your reply for some reason, probably a Firefox cache thing...) I have AllowOverride set to All globally in httpd.conf, plus I added an entry specifically for this virtual domain directory.

Sigurd: This worked perfectly! Installation took about 15 seconds, including copying all the files to the userdir!

Can't wait to get working on testing this baby out!! :)

Alex

Sigurd

5 April 2007 at 9:27pm

Awesome. Put your work in the showcase when you get to that point, and let us know if get any insight into why the modrewrite test was sending a false negative.

Blackie

5 April 2007 at 9:35pm

Will do. I'm impressed with the installer. I had to reinstall my Windows on my desktop this week, and compared to any programs I had to reinstall, this was easier and quicker than any of them!

pouderStream

Community Member, 33 Posts

7 April 2007 at 5:11am

Hey guys I'm back ;)

RC5 still gives the mod_rewrite error.

Sigurd

12 April 2007 at 6:15pm

Edited: 12/04/2007 6:16pm

Heya poudersteam, did we get to the bottom of your mod_rewrite problem?
(I don't think anything in RC6 would have fixed this issue, afaik)