Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Home page not working

Go to End

3 Posts   1862 Views

larski

Community Member, 1 Post

16 March 2008 at 4:27am

Hello everyone, I am brand new here and have never used a cms before, I have installed silverstripe-v2.2.2-rc2 into a testing directory at www.mysite.com/test/, I am able to edit pages in the cms, however when I access the pages live at www.mysite.com/test/ i am redirected to www.mysite.com/test/check-php.php and presented with a page not found error. I have a home page named home in the cms, and if I type url www.mysite.com/test/home/ I am taken to www.mysite.com/test/check-php.php with the same page not found error.

The other pages work fine www.mysite.com/test/about-us/ and www.mysite.com/test/contact-us/ display the page properly

What am I missing, please help

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

16 March 2008 at 12:24pm

what happens if you try mysite.com/test/home?flush=1 . Sometimes Ive noticed a weird caching issue with the homepage after the installer.

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

16 March 2008 at 3:37pm

Edited: 16/03/2008 3:39pm

Flush all caches in the browser and try again. Safari, specifically, is affected by this problem directly.

It's a low priority issue to fix. The ticket in our open source tracker is here: http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/2196

Sean