Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Premature end of script headers (fixed)

2 Posts   1515 Views

Dig

Community Member, 29 Posts

16 March 2008 at 6:11pm

Edited: 19/03/2008 12:18pm

I'm trying to install SilverStripe on my server (it's worked fine on a local XAMPP setup), now I'm trying to install on a shared Linux server. On the install page all things are shown as OK except for the following:

allow_call_time_pass_reference is set to '' in php.ini. You can install with allow_call_time_pass_reference not set, but some warnings may get displayed. For best results, turn it on.

I can't tell what webserver you are running. Without Apache I can't tell if mod_rewrite is enabled.

I can't tell whether mod_rewrite is running. You may need to configure a rewriting rule yourself.

I know for a fact that mod_rewrite is enabled I used to use it on the same server for the old site, and use it for an number of other sites on the same host.

After filling in the form I get a 500 server error:
-----------------------------------------------------------
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

Error message:
Premature end of script headers: install.php

-----------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas?

Also a separate note allow_call_time_pass_reference is deprecated, is there a plan to remove this requirement?

Cheers,
Nick

Dig

Community Member, 29 Posts

19 March 2008 at 12:19pm

Edited: 19/03/2008 12:20pm

First of all I noticed the install.php just used flush(); instead of ob_flush();flush(); which helped identify where it was going wrong, now it just died on building database schema.

I've installed v 2.2.2rc2 instead and the install went without a hitch and seems to be working great, not sure what has been changed, but its obviously fixed in this latest version.

Cheers,
Nick