Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Premature end of script headers (fixed)

Go to End

2 Posts   1821 Views

Dig

Community Member, 33 Posts

16 March 2008 at 6:11pm

Edited: 19/03/2008 12:18pm

I'm trying to install SilverStripe on my server (it's worked fine on a local XAMPP setup), now I'm trying to install on a shared Linux server. On the install page all things are shown as OK except for the following:

allow_call_time_pass_reference is set to '' in php.ini. You can install with allow_call_time_pass_reference not set, but some warnings may get displayed. For best results, turn it on.

I can't tell what webserver you are running. Without Apache I can't tell if mod_rewrite is enabled.

I can't tell whether mod_rewrite is running. You may need to configure a rewriting rule yourself.

I know for a fact that mod_rewrite is enabled I used to use it on the same server for the old site, and use it for an number of other sites on the same host.

After filling in the form I get a 500 server error:
-----------------------------------------------------------
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

Error message:
Premature end of script headers: install.php

-----------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas?

Also a separate note allow_call_time_pass_reference is deprecated, is there a plan to remove this requirement?

Cheers,
Nick

Dig

Community Member, 33 Posts

19 March 2008 at 12:19pm

Edited: 19/03/2008 12:20pm

First of all I noticed the install.php just used flush(); instead of ob_flush();flush(); which helped identify where it was going wrong, now it just died on building database schema.

I've installed v 2.2.2rc2 instead and the install went without a hitch and seems to be working great, not sure what has been changed, but its obviously fixed in this latest version.

Cheers,
Nick