Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Form validation, mootools and signup form

Go to End

cevic

Community Member, 5 Posts

24 March 2008 at 3:29am

Edited: 24/03/2008 3:31am

I normally use Modx as a CMS for my sites but decided to switch to Silverstripe for its integrated newsletter functions. Also, I use Mootools as a JS framework.

So far everything has gone OK getting used to SS, however there seems to be an unsolvable compatibility problem with Mootools and the JS framework SS uses for its form validation. Each time I try to use an in-built form and I get all the default JS includes that freeze my Mootools functions.

After reading the documentation and forums I was able to get my own contact forms working with my own validation. However I don't seem to be able to have a custom made newsletter sign up form. I followed the steps described here:

http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=recipes:forms

but it gives me only two options: in-built signup form in all the pages or a custom made signup form in a separate signup page.

Is there a way of having a custom made newsletter signup form in all my pages?

Also, if anyone tried integrating SS and Mootools and run into the same form validation issues, can you please let me know how you solve them?

Cheers,

Cevic