Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Installation Issues

Go to End

3 Posts   2206 Views

JustinKredible

Community Member, 2 Posts

7 April 2007 at 1:17pm

Gday guys,

I'm pretty new to this whole cms thing and im hoping you could help me with a few issues. My server has all the requirements except php5. However my host said if I rename php files to php5 they can run.

I did this but now i get 'No input file specified' when I try and access the domain to set up silverstripe. Should I be renaming all the php files or just a selected few.

Thanks

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

7 April 2007 at 7:14pm

Edited: 07/04/2007 7:19pm

Hi there,

Thanks for trying out the CMS.

Rather than renaming all your files to php5 there is a much easier way to tell the server to always use php5 when executing php files. If you find your .htaccess file on your server (typically where the html files are stored), and add this line:

AddType application/x-httpd-php5 .php

Now you shouldn't need to rename any files at all. Besides, doing that would be wasting a lot of time, and I'm sure there's some dependencies in SilverStripe that would break if you did this anyway.

Hope this helps!

Sean

JustinKredible

Community Member, 2 Posts

27 April 2007 at 1:46pm

Hi, thanks for the reply.

After a lot of playing around I have ended up with no .htaccess file and only the php 5 error on the install.php page.

I have tried creating a new htaccess file yet the server seems to ignore it. I know php5 is installed as it worked the first time but stuffed up a few bits a pieces which led to the accidental deletion of my original .htaccess file.

Thanks