I'm trying to integrate Silverstripe into an already existing website to see whether we can replace the existing front-end with Silverstripe. I'm quite stuck at the moment.
Existing website is living in the doc-root.
Silverstripe is living in it's own alias (e.g. /stripe)
All request to pages (dirs) which are not in the doc-root get rewritten (passthrough) to /stripe. So instead of www.mysite.com/stripe/mypage I can access it through www.mysite.com/mypage.
I added a rewrite-base to silverstripe's .htaccess :
All pages and stuff work perfectly ; the problem arises when logging in to the CMS :
- Ends up at www.mysite.com/stripe/Security/Login and it displays the login form
- if I enter incorrect credentials , It displays the correct error-message
- If I enter correct credentials , it tries to do something but ends up just doing a page refresh. I did not get logged in.
- Also ends up at www.mysite.com/stripe/Security/Login and displays the login form
- If I enter correct credentials, it logs me in to the silverstripe backend perfectly.
Problem is ; I loose my session after a couple of clicks in the backend interface (you have been logged out of the CMS bla bla)....
This problably has something to do with cookies and security , but I cannot for the life of me figure it out...
I'm hoping someone here has an idea or even tried doing the same thing. Thanks in advance.