Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

making a nested menu..

5 Posts   4977 Views

DHN

Community Member, 23 Posts

27 March 2008 at 9:31am

Edited: 29/03/2008 3:44am

i'm building a site, and everything is working fine, just have this one little thing that bothers me...

I wan't to have a nested menu, but i can't get it to work the way i want it... currently it's allmost working... using this code:

<% control Menu(2) %>
<li><a href="$Link" title="Go to the &quot;{$Title}&quot; page" class="selected">$MenuTitle</a></li>
<% control Children %><ul>
<li><a href="$Link" title="Go to the &quot;{$Title}&quot; page" class="selected">$MenuTitle</a></li></ul>
<% end_control %><% end_control %>

but this makes the children of menu 2 show up always... i wan't it to show the children only of the current page, is there a way of doing this.

the menu can be seen here : [url]http://www.djd.dk[/url]

DHN

Community Member, 23 Posts

29 March 2008 at 3:46am

anyone please... put a link to the site in my other post if you want to have a look at the menu.

simon_w

Forum Moderator, 474 Posts

29 March 2008 at 8:13am

Edited: 29/03/2008 8:42am

<% control Menu(2) %>

<li><a href="$Link" title="Go to the &quot;{$Title}&quot; page" class="selected">$MenuTitle</a></li>
<% if isSection %>
<% control Children %><ul>

<li><a href="$Link" title="Go to the &quot;{$Title}&quot; page" class="selected">$MenuTitle</a></li></ul>

<% end_control %>
<% end_if %>
<% end_control %>

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

29 March 2008 at 9:55pm

isSection? Not sure that works. I know we have a inSection(). You can also check out how the default theme does it - I think it uses if LinkOrSection = section

Check out our docs for more info on these - http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=built-in-page-controls

simon_w

Forum Moderator, 474 Posts

30 March 2008 at 8:21am

LinkOrSection() uses isSection() (:

isSection() returns a bool, so no need for an extra check.