Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

making a nested menu..

5 Posts   4922 Views

DHN

27 March 2008 at 9:31am (Last edited: 29 March 2008 3:44am), Community Member, 23 Posts

i'm building a site, and everything is working fine, just have this one little thing that bothers me...

I wan't to have a nested menu, but i can't get it to work the way i want it... currently it's allmost working... using this code:

<% control Menu(2) %>
<li><a href="$Link" title="Go to the &quot;{$Title}&quot; page" class="selected">$MenuTitle</a></li>
<% control Children %><ul>
<li><a href="$Link" title="Go to the &quot;{$Title}&quot; page" class="selected">$MenuTitle</a></li></ul>
<% end_control %><% end_control %>

but this makes the children of menu 2 show up always... i wan't it to show the children only of the current page, is there a way of doing this.

the menu can be seen here : [url]http://www.djd.dk[/url]

DHN

29 March 2008 at 3:46am Community Member, 23 Posts

anyone please... put a link to the site in my other post if you want to have a look at the menu.

simon_w

29 March 2008 at 8:13am (Last edited: 29 March 2008 8:42am), Forum Moderator, 474 Posts

<% control Menu(2) %>

<li><a href="$Link" title="Go to the &quot;{$Title}&quot; page" class="selected">$MenuTitle</a></li>
<% if isSection %>
<% control Children %><ul>

<li><a href="$Link" title="Go to the &quot;{$Title}&quot; page" class="selected">$MenuTitle</a></li></ul>

<% end_control %>
<% end_if %>
<% end_control %>

Willr

29 March 2008 at 9:55pm Forum Moderator, 5511 Posts

isSection? Not sure that works. I know we have a inSection(). You can also check out how the default theme does it - I think it uses if LinkOrSection = section

Check out our docs for more info on these - http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=built-in-page-controls

simon_w

30 March 2008 at 8:21am Forum Moderator, 474 Posts

LinkOrSection() uses isSection() (:

isSection() returns a bool, so no need for an extra check.