Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Extending the gallery module - any help appreciated!

Go to End

3 Posts   2902 Views

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

1 April 2008 at 8:01pm

I am using multiple gallery pages as child pages. Each gallery has about 5 images in it. Each gallery page is used to advertise a different property for sale so all the images relate to that one property. While I can do this I want to streamline it for the client so that can add more properties quickly.

Ideally they would create a new gallery page and under the "Files" tab there would be an upload field where they could upload multiple images. All the images they upload would be displayed in that gallery and only in that gallery. The uploader would have to be smart enough to create a new folder to put these photos in then assign that gallery page to that folder.

Do you think this will work or is there a better way to do it? How would I go about it?

Thanks

The Frenchy

Core Development Team, 40 Posts

21 April 2008 at 3:16pm

That's an idea that we already have had and which might be added to the next Gallery version.

Actually, we thought that it would be great to setup there the Java Applet Uploader that you can find in Facebook when you want to add photos to your album.

A new release of the gallery module will appear.

However, I can't tell you when

cshtauralrets

Community Member, 9 Posts

14 November 2008 at 7:30pm

Has this been implemented?