Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Q: how to create own sitetree on leftside in CMS?

3 Posts   1929 Views

Digital-Punk.co.uk

Community Member, 51 Posts

3 April 2008 at 8:08pm

Hi,

have question regarding sitetree menu on leftside in CMS. I want to put my own module like "newsletters" or "files&images". And I don't want that my pages types of my module appears in sitetree as page type. How can I separate my pages from sitetree?

All ideas are welcome!

cobiashi

Community Member, 5 Posts

3 June 2008 at 7:01pm

I think I have an issue alongside this one.

I need to have each 'Photo' in a 'Gallery' be its own page within the Gallery. I've set this up so that these can be created and editted via a CTF within the appropriate Gallery. However, as a Photo can be in more than one Gallery, I want to hide the Photos within the SiteTree and only make them accessible and controlled via their ManyMany CTFs.

Is there a way to remove [this Page Type] from the Admin SiteTree?

spenniec

Community Member, 37 Posts

3 June 2008 at 8:30pm

Edited: 03/06/2008 8:31pm

So you want to have the left pane be a list of the Galleries available, being able to add or delete them in the site tree. Then on the main pane have a many_many CTF where you can add images and then add or remove them in the gallery?
You should have this as a separate admin area as they don't really have to be pages, creating the site tree on the left would involve creating a class which extends DataObject and then building the site tree. The issues you might have are allowing addition of images in the CTF. Might have to be a simpleimagefield as I don't think you can use and imagefield in the CTF. I'd be interested if there is a way.
You kinda want something like the Comments admin area?