Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Bugs when dealing with multiple language

Go to End

2 Posts   1733 Views

lekoala

Community Member, 31 Posts

9 April 2008 at 7:53pm

Edited: 09/04/2008 9:04pm

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to build a website in three languages. Everything went fine (I've enabled this option in _config.php) until I tried to translate a second level page. Theses pages don't seem to appear in "translating mode" in the tree on the left. I tried a workaround (switch back to English, select the page, go to the translation tab and create a new translation) but this add each time a new language in the list at the bottom of the nav tree.

In the end, it's kind of working, because after that, when I select any instance of my duplicated language, I can see every translated subpages (in the admin and on the published website), but I need to create one new instance of the language for each subpage.... Am I doing something wrong somewhere?

EDIT : after playing around (changing order of pages in the menu and creating a few new pages), having a couple of "ajax evaluator errors" and a couple of refresh as well, I'm back with only 3 languages in the list... but I'm still unable to see the non translated subpages when I switch to "translating mode"

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

9 April 2008 at 10:14pm

this is unfortunately a known problem:
http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/2129
http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/2163

the second ticket has some first attempts to patching this up, but needs further testing. we're thin spread for development ressources, so any help in further identifying problem areas, providing core patches and writing unit tests for them is greatly appreciated!