Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Header + Pic + Gallery

Go to End

2 Posts   1569 Views

vinz

Community Member, 13 Posts

11 April 2008 at 7:49pm

Edited: 11/04/2008 7:49pm

1) is there any "news" module I could use....I thought about to use the blog module for the news but I don't know if that is a good idea;
2) is there a chance to have different picture in the header for the different menu label (like if I go to "Home" I'll have pic1.jpg; on "About us" pic2.jpg......);
3) as you know is there differences between IE6 and IE7...when i'm using firefox and IE7 everything works fine but with IE6 i have things that are not going well......and an other problem that I do not understand is that in the gallery there are some pictures that when you click on the popup shows the original size of the pic and when you click next the pic is verry verry small you barely can see it, but all pics have the same size (600x400)....why this?

Thx

Sam

Administrator, 690 Posts

14 April 2008 at 10:46am

1) Use the blog, or create your own. Creating a "news module" is a simple matter of creating NewsPage and NewsHolder page types, and adding a Date field to NewsPage. The rest is just designing a template to suit your design, which is pretty site-specific anyway.

2) You should add an ImageField to your page. Search for "ImageField" in http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=tutorial:2-extending-a-basic-site to see how to do that.

3) The CMS should work on IE6, but it's possible that there are a few bugs we aren't aware of. If you discover an IE6 bug, log it on http://open.silverstripe.com.