Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Integration Google Analytics Code

5 Posts   4036 Views

jensmoewes

Community Member, 7 Posts

15 April 2008 at 3:03am

Hi,
i pasted the google analytics code in the page.ss file of the theme i use, but don´t receive any
traffic in my google analytics account, even though it says it receives the data? any hints why that is the case or do i need to put it somewhere else? I put it just before the last </body> in the pages.ss.

Thanks and regards,
Jens

Jethro

5 Posts

15 April 2008 at 7:22am

I was looking for answer on that also. I too have mine at the last of the page.ss before the </body> tag. I viewed the page source after the page was delivered and it has the code. It really is puzzling.

Sam

Administrator, 685 Posts

19 April 2008 at 10:34am

This sounds like it could be more of a Google Analytics issue than a SilverStripe issue, but could you post a link to your site so we can see?

KatB

Community Member, 94 Posts

29 April 2008 at 7:13pm

I am using Google Analytics and have no trouble. It takes a while for Google Analytics to get going though. I *think* (meaning I could be horribly wrong) that Google Analytics waits until what it decides is a day is ended, to start counting from the beginning of a full day, and won't show you data until the first full day is ended. If that makes *any* sense at all. :)

jensmoewes

Community Member, 7 Posts

18 June 2008 at 10:21am

Edited: 18/06/2008 10:22am

I receive the data now - silverstripe needs longer to digest this data than drupal does [or at least i appears later in my analytics account]. I put the code in the particular theme directory I use htdocs/themes/paddygreen/templates and then into page.ss . . now it works. Its not the standard theme so I put the code simply in the wrong page.ss