Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

php memory prob on install

Go to End

2 Posts   1327 Views

whiteroom

Community Member, 1 Post

16 April 2008 at 8:36am

OK. so, time for me to feel stupid for asking the following...

I have hosted webspace and am looking to try out silverstripe (which I have already done on my local machine. uploaded the php installer, and then got stumped when I received a pre-install error saying that the php allocated memory is inadequate. I have only 16M and Silverstripe requires 20M. I have had a moan with my hosting company who say that they will not change the php memory allocation. Is there any way around the php memory check during the install and, is it worth doing or would the performance be that badly affected? I'm not looking to push a vast quantity of content through the CMS.

Hope someone knows the answer!
Thanks

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

16 April 2008 at 6:54pm

You will be really pushing it to get it to work on 16mb of memory, I think you will find that it will just die. You can try and override the memory in your php file by adding ini_set('memory_limit', '32mb'); to sapphire/main.php. But really even if it installs you are going to have a had time as I would recommend at least 64mb of memory for SS installs