Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

flv issue

6 Posts   39805 Views

mage

Community Member, 10 Posts

16 April 2008 at 5:27pm

I am trying to find a way to stream flash videos (flv) in the gallery module so that they popup and load with a player element below not unlike a youtube video.

Can anyone help?

Blackdog

Community Member, 156 Posts

17 April 2008 at 12:33am

Have you considered a thickbox type overlay with the flv content in it?

mage

17 April 2008 at 1:29am

not entirely sure what you mean? can you please elaborate a little...

Blackdog

Community Member, 156 Posts

17 April 2008 at 12:19pm

have a look at the iframe or ajax content windows.
they might help with your idea.

http://jquery.com/demo/thickbox/

mage

18 April 2008 at 3:38am

Edited: 18/04/2008 3:47am

ok couldn't find much help with thickbox

however it works with ie7 just not firefox... not sure why...

below is the output code from the gallery module... i am using osflv player... if anyone could help that would be incredible... i've been trying all day.

<a id="ViewLink-26" class="lightwindow" rel="NEWVIDEO[Media]" href="player.swf?movie=assets/galleries/newvideo/7thHuntFight1_NEW.flv" title="7thHuntFight1_NEW.flv" caption="500 x 500 - 5.5 MB" params="lightwindow_width=500,lightwindow_height=500">

Also if i add

&width=300&height=240

onto the end of the .flv (which should be allowed with osflv player) i get 'XML Parsing Error: not well-formed' and it points to the first equals sign (=) after 'width'... not sure what is going on..

mage

6 May 2008 at 8:06pm

Edited: 06/05/2008 8:08pm

Ok so I managed to solve the problem for the most part, the menu doesnt work in firefox when the flv is playing, but because it autostarts that is more annoying than a problem.

Here are the changes I made to the GalleryPage.php:

At about line 229 or after this code

$ext = $item->getExtension();

I put

if($ext == 'flv') {
$item->FlvMovie = true;
}

then in the GalleryPageContent.ss file:

I changed each href to this (note: make sure you do this for PrevGalleryItems, CurrentGalleryItems and NextGalleryItems):

href="<% if FlvMovie %>gallery/mediaplayer.swf?file=/<% end_if %>$Filename<% if FlvMovie %>&#38;displayheight&#61;240&#38;height&#61;240&#38;bufferlength&#61;5&#38;autostart&#61;true<% end_if %>"

It took me long enough but I found that the XML parse error just needed to be fixed by placing the HTML number instead of the actual character. e.g &#38; in place of &

Finally I put the player used in the appropriate folder e.g. in the gallery folder. I used [url=http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=JW_FLV_Player]JW FLV MEDIA PLAYER 3.16[/url]

Hope it helps anyone else wanting to play .flv videos in the gallery module. Please let me know if there is an easier way as well...