Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Files upload but don't show up

Go to End

4 Posts   1915 Views

potion_maker

Community Member, 36 Posts

20 April 2008 at 5:58am

I can successfully upload files but they never show up. I can view them with an ftp client, and silverstripe sees the names of all of them. There is just never a thumbnail and if I link to one it appears as a broken link. Any ideas. I'm not running any mods and I'm pretty sure I have the folder permissions right.

thebestsophist

Community Member, 7 Posts

20 April 2008 at 6:07am

What version are you using? I recently upgraded a dev site to 2.2.2rc2, and am having the same problems, however, I haven't had any problems with sites running on previous versions.

potion_maker

Community Member, 36 Posts

20 April 2008 at 6:27am

I'm only running 2.2.1

evren

Community Member, 37 Posts

15 October 2008 at 11:03am

I cant be able give a deep answer but got 2 things which I know to cause this.

1. If you uploaded the files via FTP (not SS upload module) you need to go to the Files&Images section, browse the related folder and let SS to see files in this browser for one time. Than it starts to show them in other menus also

2. And other is my general experience on other scripts that I used or tested (not with SS but)
If you use folders or filenames with non english weird characters or a space in names, most of scripts see them but couldnt make a thumbnail. Maybe about image rendering modules in the server but it happens like that.

Regards