Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Load balancing

Go to End

11 Posts   8883 Views

Matt

Community Member, 86 Posts

12 May 2008 at 3:11pm

Hey there dashiel,

All you should need to do is create a directory called silverstripe-cache inside the webroot (domains/your-domain-name.com/html) and make sure it's writable by the web server user (which it should be by default if I remember correctly for (mt)) and it should pick that directory up instead.

If you want to check what it's doing, do something like this:
echo TEMP_FOLDER; in either your _config.php or after line 57 of sapphire/core/Core.php

HTH.

dashiel

Community Member, 13 Posts

13 May 2008 at 3:19am

thanks matt,

silly question - does having the url included in the dev server list affect caching? your comment about checking the _config.php file made me open it up and i removed the current server listing and all of a sudden the cache worked.

morethanfire

Community Member, 13 Posts

18 May 2008 at 7:01pm

Edited: 18/05/2008 7:02pm

Matt,
I to am trying set up ss on mediatemple. I got it all running and I have noticed a big lag and came across this. I have been messing with the core.php and I can get different results but can never get it to use the folder that I set up for it more than once (if i get rid of "sys_get_temp_dir();" and put in the folder manually and get rid of the "$cachefolder" variable). I've read the wiki that you setup and tried the patch, but all that does is return errors also. Can you explain exactly how this is done?

Go to Top