Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Custom Edit form - Fatal error: Call to a member function securityTokenEnabled() on a non-object

4 Posts   1601 Views

Mohan

Community Member, 19 Posts

29 April 2008 at 10:05am

Hi All,

I created a custom edit form, whenever I try to save the changes a fatal error is displayed
"Fatal error: Call to a member function securityTokenEnabled() on a non-object ".

Thanks,
Mohan

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

30 April 2008 at 5:21pm

Edited: 30/04/2008 5:21pm

Could you paste your code in here, or provide a link to view the code?

Or use Pastie - [url]http://pastie.caboo.se/[/url]

Cheers,
Sean

Mohan

Community Member, 19 Posts

1 May 2008 at 5:14am

Sean,
Thanks for your quick reply.
Please check the link for the code.
http://pastie.caboo.se/pastes/189380
For a particular member, the profile is getting displayed in their respective
field set. But, when I try to save the changes, I get fatal error.

I once again appreciate for your quick reply.

Thanks!!

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

1 May 2008 at 11:00pm

Edited: 01/05/2008 11:06pm

I would probably do checks before assuming that a certain record you're retrieving is there.

For example, you're calling $form->loadDataFrom($newappt). I do know that loadDataFrom() will probably throw an error if $newappt isn't an object, or an array.

Also, you probably need to do another check in your dosave() method. Checking if your $editappt variable has any contents after calling DataObject::get_by_id(). This means a non-object fatal error won't get shown if the ID was wrong, or there was no record found, because there's a write() method called which will ultimately fail on a non-object.

Oh, and one last thing, I would probably force an integer type on the ID after fetching it from $_GET, otherwise you might have some SQL injection possibilities arising. Just do something like $newappt = DataObject::get_one("NewAppt","`ID` = " . (int)$id).

Perhaps after these it might fix the problem. I don't want to just reply saying how you need to fix your code up, because that's not the intention, however, judging by the fact there's a non-object error, I think it may be caused by a lack of checking. But, in saying that, it could be something else completely! I'd say give it a go though, you've got nothing to lose!

Cheers,
Sean