Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

CMS Dashboard

Go to End

15 Posts   8120 Views

Sam

Administrator, 690 Posts

14 May 2008 at 2:13pm

Hi Grayzag,

We're wanting to use this system for a project of ours. :-)
Would you be happy for us to add it to our subversion repository?

Design City

38 Posts

14 May 2008 at 3:51pm

Grayzag - this is really brilliant work. I would love for this functionality to be included for some of my clients. I'll keep my eye on this thread for some way that I might be able to help!

Keep up the great work :)

Grayzag (aka ajshort)

29 Posts

14 May 2008 at 6:05pm

Sam:

That would be wonderful. Hopefully soon ill have it to a point where the module is ready for production use. At the moment im working on the widget adding code - it needs quite a bit of work. After that ill need to ensure cross browser compatibility - so far ive only tested in FF. I also need to tidy up the JS and make the widgets draggable.

DesignCity: Thanks very much!

Grayzag (aka ajshort)

29 Posts

19 May 2008 at 3:36pm

Edited: 19/05/2008 3:36pm

Heres another update for everyone. Ive redone the JavaScript and CSS, and a little bit functionality has been added (notices + alerts up top). One problem i'm having is with the drag and drop - when i enable it and try to drag something it goes crazy - you'll notice i commented it out in my code. Could anyone who's more experienced with JavaScript have a look for me?

Thanks.

Tar Archive

Grayzag (aka ajshort)

29 Posts

2 July 2008 at 9:53pm

Finally, ive had enough free time to update the dashboard module. I think its getting pretty close to done, the only thing really holding me back at the moment is the old forked prototype. Hopefully 2.3 will allow me to use some newer JS techniques.

Because of this, ive left the Site Information box empty, with the aim of replacing it with contextual graphs. Also, ive disabled drag + drop.

Changes include the fact that you no longer need to edit any templates to get it working, the widget adding process has been refined, as well as the widget editing, and more general improvements.

Enjoy.

dio5

Community Member, 501 Posts

3 July 2008 at 12:32am

Edited: 03/07/2008 2:09am

Hi, nice work.

I'm just wondering: how do I go back to the dashboard once I've clicked on another page?

Is it correct that I first need to select the root page - ('site content' the one with the globe) - and then reload the page/click on 'site content' in the main menu?

It would be nice to have it when the root page is selected (site content), where currently is nothing.

In fact - I think it would be nice if there was an easy way in general to code settings into that empty space (the 'site-content' root) - a place where we can set general sitewide-stuff.

EDIT: I think it's currently not showing when clicking the site root because LeftAndMain::getItem() returns "" - as EditForm() is false because $_REQUEST['ID'] = 0.
Doing some tricks with getItem() etc should make this possible I guess. Not sure if this would be possible without actually hacking into the leftandmain.php

Grayzag (aka ajshort)

29 Posts

3 July 2008 at 9:17am

Yeah - I guess that would be possible, but id rather not hack the core.

Go to Top