Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

...now what?

Go to End

10 Posts   2791 Views

conspirator

Community Member, 5 Posts

1 May 2008 at 1:20am

Edited: 01/05/2008 1:20am

Hello, everyone! I heard a lot of great things about SilverStripe, so I decided to use it as a CMS for my most recent project, but I'm running into a number of problems.

[url]http://www.stanczaksuperstars.com[/url]

I downloaded and installed the PHP Installer on my server and setup everything via the install.php page.

I attempted to follow the tutorial, but haven't had 1 bit of success with it. I'm thinking of jumping ship, but thought I'd ask the almighty forums for help. I've gone though the first few steps, but...

...now what?

saimo

Community Member, 67 Posts

1 May 2008 at 2:06am

Edited: 01/05/2008 2:14am

You have to describe the real problem or it'll be totally impossible to help you.

There's kind of a hurdle to get over before you start to understand how it all fits together.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't follow the link at first, does the installer give any errors or warnings, it seems main.php is missing

conspirator

1 May 2008 at 2:14am

Well after the installation, I should be able to go to [url]http://www.stanczaksuperstars.com/admin[/url] and begin work on the cms, but that doesn't work. I get a 404 message.

What do I need to do to start work on the CMS?

saimo

1 May 2008 at 2:22am

As I said, main.php is missing. It's even in the error message all page request goes to this file, so it's kind of essential. Are all the files there?

conspirator

1 May 2008 at 2:36am

I installed the PHP installer in it's entirety. Should I reinstall?

saimo

1 May 2008 at 3:25am

I don't really know...

It's probably worth a try, but I'm not shure it will work.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

1 May 2008 at 7:59pm

rather then reinstall again. Via ftp or shell go to the sapphire/ folder and see if there is a main.php file in there

conspirator

1 May 2008 at 11:11pm

Edited: 01/05/2008 11:11pm

Willr, I checked and it does have the main.php file in there.

Go to Top