Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Including non-Silverstripe content.

4 Posts   1423 Views

Bruce

Community Member, 29 Posts

10 May 2008 at 4:24pm

Edited: 10/05/2008 4:25pm

Hi I've got a bunch of non-silverstripe content which I want to add to a site.
I don't see how to convert it easily, so I would like to just use it "as it is" with php & css in a sub-directory, well in the meantime anyway.
The problem is, I'm not sure how to do it as the silverstripe stuff doesn't allow direct access to a file in a sub-directory.
So when I add the directory name to the URL, the silverstripe is looking for a CMS-generated page with that name
I'm sure there is a way ... but it's got me beat.
//Bruce

Sam

Administrator, 685 Posts

10 May 2008 at 5:08pm

The .htaccess file is designed to serve up a static file if a file is requested. If a file with the given URL exists, such as mysite/css/layout.css, this will work fine. However, if you try and access a directory, it doesn't work like this.

A potential solution is to update the .htaccess file. I haven't tested this, so good luck, and let us all know how it goes. :-)

There's a block like this:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(.*)$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule .* sapphire/main.php?url=%1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
### SILVERSTRIPE END ###

Try changing it to this:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(.*)$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule .* sapphire/main.php?url=%1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
### SILVERSTRIPE END ###

christian

Community Member, 6 Posts

10 May 2008 at 5:34pm

With that condition

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

you gave access to all subfolders.

If you only want one folder accessable you could try this condition in your .htaccess

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/foldername

Bruce

Community Member, 29 Posts

11 May 2008 at 4:47pm

Edited: 11/05/2008 4:48pm

A bit of quiet checking goes a long way...
The directory name I was using was the same as the URI of a re-director page, that I had created earlier, so it all started to work once I re-named the re-director.
The solution below (specifically opening the directory) would have worked, but I don't want to allow directory listings to be available either.
The specific file names in a directory which doesn't conflict with others are now offering up nicely.

Thanks for the suggestions though