Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Cannot login to cms (I'm sorry ...)

6 Posts   2843 Views

rubencausyn

Community Member, 1 Post

25 April 2007 at 12:06am

When I try to login to my adminpanel,
I get following error:

I'm sorry, but you can't access that part of the CMS. If you want to log in as someone else, do so below

I changed already:

protected static $currentController;

public static $currentController;
in sapphire/core/control/Controller.php at about line 219

But now, I still Can't login, anyone an idea how to fix this?

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

25 April 2007 at 4:47am

hm can you confirm that the credentials you're using are actually existing in the database? or do you have a default admin set by Security::setDefaultAdmin()?
is this member linked to the ADMIN-permission?
another debugging method would be to clear all session- and domain-cookies for the specific site (we encountered problems before where redirect-urls were kept in cache which prevented restricted users from accessing the "right" cms-areas)

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

25 April 2007 at 9:42am

http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=common-problems run through those and see if it helps :D

Andy

230 Posts

2 May 2007 at 11:55am

This should be fixed in the daily build (http://dailybuild.silverstripe.com)

Pixel

Community Member, 78 Posts

10 July 2008 at 3:51am

I am having the same problem as ruben - is there a definitive solution?

Pixel

Community Member, 78 Posts

10 July 2008 at 5:08am

OK problem solved. Luckily for some reason the database had my email address - where it got it from i do not know - apart from i have a form that sends to it whilst i was testing.
So that meant i could reset the password (altho i never had one for the email address) and hey presto - were back in!
So from now on i am going to make sure that instead of using the default admin and password during development - I will create a new administrator with an actual email address that I can access and change the password