Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Menu's: Integrated drop-down/fly-out menu into SS/cms

Go to End

8 Posts   27430 Views

JonathanParker

Community Member, 37 Posts

15 May 2008 at 9:26am

If anybody is interested I've manage to integrate some drop-down & fly-out css only menu's into the SS/CMS framework (well via an included .ss file & some css).

Working examples can be found at www.dabnis-webdesign.com this is my testing site and the first menu is on the landing page.

I have attached the .ss file & the css file.

In essence all you need to do is replace the <% include Navigation %> line in the standard 'BlackCandy' theme page.ss file with <% include H_Navigation %>. make sure that you save the attached file in your templates/includes/ folder and the attached css file in the theme/them-name/css/ folder.

The last thing to do is to include the following in your page.php file.

Where you have Requirements::themedCSS("layout"); etc
add Requirements::themedCSS("lmenu2");

That should be it.

I may put a forum module on the test site!

Regards.

Jonathan

JonathanParker

Community Member, 37 Posts

15 May 2008 at 9:28am

Edited: 16/05/2008 2:29am

I should also add that they validate as strict html 4.01 and also to css 2.1
They work in: ie6, ie7, ff2.0+, Opera9+; I have just been informed that they also work within Safari 3+

Regards.

Jonathan

zyko

Community Member, 66 Posts

16 May 2008 at 3:38am

WOW, cool work :-)
g
Helmut

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

16 May 2008 at 12:48pm

Edited: 16/05/2008 12:50pm

Good stuff. Thanks a lot. I build a lot of sites that use this type of menu, but I haven't with SS yet, as I haven't been using it that long.

I've been actually thinking about this issue so I've saved your file for reference in the future.

Not a fan of the tables, but the general concept is good.

*edit* It seems the download link doesn't work. Obviously I can just right click and save as, but developers might want to know this.

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

16 May 2008 at 3:41pm

Thanks for this. I've reported the download link problem as a bug. You can still click the file link, but it seems the "download" link is broken.

Cheers,
Sean

steve_nyhof

Community Member, 224 Posts

5 June 2008 at 11:59am

How do I get the .ss file?
Thank you,
Steve

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

5 June 2008 at 1:17pm

Steve - the SS files attached to the first post. You can right click save or just copy and paste into a file in your project as an include so save it as for example DropDownMenu.ss in yourtheme/templates/includes/ and then in your theme you just need to include DropDownMenu - <% include DropDownMenu %>

steve_nyhof

Community Member, 224 Posts

5 June 2008 at 1:23pm

Sorry, I seen it was an html file and wasn't thinking it may have been renamed to be downloaded.
Thank you