Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Blog Error - SS 2.2.2 - Tried all blog versions

Go to End

25 Posts   11386 Views

AndyWiltshireNZ

Community Member, 35 Posts

28 May 2008 at 8:13pm

Edited: 28/05/2008 8:30pm

Hiya,

I have an unusual and intermittent error with the blog module. Frequently I will select the blog page and it will be completely blank, as in, nothing at all, just a white page. It happens quite often, and I have tried several versions of the blog, and removed all the widgets to try and solve the issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andy

Site is viewable here: http://www.andy.net.nz/cms/

karibe

Community Member, 56 Posts

29 May 2008 at 8:09pm

I have the same....

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

29 May 2008 at 10:10pm

View your php error logs? Do you have any errors? Do you have a 'die()' in your code or project anywhere (do a search on the project for die()). Blank pages dont just happen so theres bound to be an error somewhere

karibe

Community Member, 56 Posts

29 May 2008 at 10:56pm

I had configured error messaging by email and I'm getting errors with other issues, but not this time...

Only blank page.

I had to copy blogHolder.ss blogentry.ss and others to mysite/templates directory to translate it to polish, but it works before

AndyWiltshireNZ

30 May 2008 at 3:11pm

I am very interested to know if anyone actually has SilverStripe running without any errors with the Gallery, Forum, Blog and Ecommerce Modules. If so, what versions of each are you running and what is your server setup?

I really really want to use SilverStripe, but I've never had so many troubles with any CMS...

Thanks for the reponse WillR, you seem to be the only one on this forum who actively helps others, its appreciated mate.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

30 May 2008 at 3:19pm

Hopefully with the new Unit Testing framework and as we slowly but surely write tests for each of the modules we wont have as many issues with modules / core. We now in the office have a BuildBot that just sits here next to me running all the code / checking for fatal errors so hopefully this and unit testing together will help!

Also we only have 14 or so developers but there are hundreds of people using SilverStripe. We can only test/ fix so much. Feel free to submit bug reports - we usually never have time for much testing so user testing with forum / blog during the rc process from the community is much welcomed!!

Tim

Core Development Team, 201 Posts

30 May 2008 at 4:09pm

Can you put the site in dev mode and let us know if there are any errors?

http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=devmode

AndyWiltshireNZ

30 May 2008 at 6:19pm

That Dev Mode is handy, I have the following in the header:

Debug (line 118 of BBCodeParser.php): Congratulations, the SilverStripe blog module has been successfully installed. This blog entry can be safely deleted. You can configure aspects of your blog (such as the widgets displayed in the sidebar) in <a href="admin">the CMS</a>.

Go to Top