Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Forum Search

Go to End

3 Posts   1469 Views

Dig

Community Member, 33 Posts

5 June 2008 at 10:37am

Edited: 05/06/2008 10:39am

I'm not sure which forum this should go in.

I've seen that this has come up already but the thread seem to die with no progress, the following would REALLY help me (and others!) search these forums for information:

1. AND search instead of OR search, if you need to search for something that requires more than one keyword its impossible to get sensible results.

2. Order by date (or choose order). Lots changes between releases and as modules are updated etc this is a good thing, but means that some older advice doesn't apply anymore.

3. Show replies different from the original post, 25 results might all be from the same post and its not 100% clear (except for the heading of course).

Cheers,
Nick

Edit: Line breaks aren't shown the same in the input as they are in the post!

zyko

Community Member, 66 Posts

5 June 2008 at 7:58pm

Edited: 05/06/2008 7:59pm

subscribe...

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

5 June 2008 at 11:29pm

The forum module does require a bit of work as its not currently being developed/ no new developments planned. Theres a few little bugs Ive fixed while integrating a forum for a client that will get merged back into trunk and that will maybe be a new point release but nothing major.

If anyone has time to work on adding various things and fixes like with the search results suggestion we are always keen see user contributed in the form of patchs, updates, fixes whatever!!