Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Warning: fopen() - SAFE MODE

Go to End

7 Posts   3923 Views

Rytchie

Community Member, 9 Posts

2 May 2007 at 7:46am

Hello,
I tried to install this very nice CMS (thanks to the all developers for it:) ) in my hosting but during the installation I received this warning message:

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 33 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in .../silverstripe/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 105

I think, it means that my hosting-provider has disabled function fopen for security reasons. Have you got any idea how to repair/pass it, or anything else what I can do with that?

Thank you very much.

fester

Community Member, 2 Posts

2 May 2007 at 11:41pm

i get the same kind of error

I am now running through the installation steps (this should take about 30 seconds)

If you receive a fatal error, refresh this page to continue the installation
# Creating 'assets' folder...
# Creating 'mysite/_config.php'...
# Creating '.htaccess' file...
# Building database schema...

Warning: fopen(/tmp/manifest_home_fester_public_html_silverstripe-v2.0_sapphire_main.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/fester/public_html/silverstripe-v2.0/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 105
Cannot write manifest file! Check permissions of /tmp/manifest_home_fester_public_html_silverstripe-v2.0_sapphire_main.php

nodevice

Community Member, 37 Posts

3 May 2007 at 8:18am

I'm getting exactly the same message!

fester

Community Member, 2 Posts

3 May 2007 at 2:09pm

Edited: 03/05/2007 2:09pm

I have been fiddling for ages, cant make it work :(

nodevice

Community Member, 37 Posts

4 May 2007 at 12:49am

I've got this answer from my hosting provider (powweb).

"I have tried to install SilverStripe CMS application, but it results class errors “Fatal error: Class 'Director' not found in ‘naciondnb/cms/_config.php’ on line 3”. It appears to be a bug in cms software, not able to locate the class ‘Director’. You can contact support team of cms application to fix the bug."

Is this true? or is problem of their hosting service, the service looked like it had all the requirements to install silverstripe.

They are also suggesting me to install another CMS
"We are providing couple of CMS applications in your OPS control panel. You can install anyone of the CMS application software which best suits for your business from ‘InstallCenter’ in your OPS control panel."

I really want to install Silverstripe, is the only CMS that have allowed me to customize my site so easy! and I have my site ready for uploading!

Hope somebody could help me.

Rytchie

4 May 2007 at 2:58am

It is not a bug in SS. When provider has activated SAFE MODE on Apache server, you cannot write into any files, which are above the current directory. I studied SilverStripe and I think, that there is a problem with /tmp, because its in web root directory "/". But how to repair it?

Rytchie

9 May 2007 at 6:12am

Yes, I tried to change this directory but I always get "Unable to access". Can you make some update packet for this problem?