Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

include SS files in Layout SS files?

7 Posts   1746 Views

Aaron

Community Member, 63 Posts

9 June 2008 at 3:28pm

Quick question:

Should you be able to include and render an ss file from the theme /include directory from within an ss file located in the them /layout directory? Or can you only do this from within an ss file in the theme root?
e.g.
1. /Layout/Tour.ss has <% include TourGallery %> in the code
2. I have a file with HTML in it in /Includes/TourGallery.ss
I can't get it to render.
I think that maybe I need to have Tour.ss in the root beside Page.ss and HomePage.ss
Cheers
Aaron

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

9 June 2008 at 6:16pm

No you should have all your includes in the includes folder and then where ever you need be able to do <% include SuperCoolNewContent %> you can do. From inside a layout template or a root level template.

See the default theme - it includes the sidebar this way.

Aaron

9 June 2008 at 7:02pm

That seems to be what I'm doing though.
The formatting of the linespaces in these forums makes this sort of explaination a bit hard, but here is what I have:

1. Page.ss for my general pages
2. Layout/Tour.ss for Tours pages (same as Page apart from a few layouts)
3. Includes/TourGallery.ss - Rather long HTML code for a image gallery

In Layout/Tour.ss, I have <% include TourGallery %> in a certain place. It does not render, but the way I understand your post it should??

Willr

9 June 2008 at 7:30pm

Yep that looks pretty right to me. Make sure its not something stupid like different filenames, make sure you flush etc etc

Aaron

9 June 2008 at 9:52pm

Thanks Will,

I found the problem to be an unclosed control in /Includes/TourGallery.ss. There was no error thrown like if you do the same in a Layout or Root template. It just didn't appear.

All good now. Cheers for the confirmation.

Willr

9 June 2008 at 9:57pm

Good to hear, Im surprised it didnt throw any error. The parser is meant to be pretty strict on that sort of thing and throw a error. I might see if it happens for me, might be a issue with includes.

Aaron

9 June 2008 at 9:58pm

I can try to replicate and post code if it helps