Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Date Range Method

5 Posts   1505 Views

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 604 Posts

15 June 2008 at 5:56pm

Hi all. I'm follow the Date Documentation here: [url]http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=date[/url]

I have two dates, StartDate, and EndDate, and I see the cool method Range in the documentation.

$Expires.Range(date2) - You give a second date and it returns a condensed english “phrase” for that date range. E.g. “12 - 18 June” or “12 June - 23 August”.

In my template, I am trying to use this method as follows:

$StartDate.Range(EndDate)

This returns nothing. Despite both EndDate and Startdate displaying by themselves just fine. Any ideas?
Aaron

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

15 June 2008 at 6:35pm

Missing a $ in front of end date by any chance?

Double-A-Ron

15 June 2008 at 6:38pm

Sorry Will, I should have added that that was the first thing I tried. If I change the code to:

$StartDate.Range($EndDate)

I get a parse error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ')' in C:\WINDOWS\Temp\silverstripe-cacheW--Viva_Expeditions-html\.cacheW..Viva_Expeditions.html.themes.vivaexp.templates.Tour.ss on line 344

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

15 June 2008 at 6:46pm

Strange... maybe you cant pass variables into Range in the template. Might have to try somethin in a PHP method then I guess. As if your field EndDate and $EndDate dont work I dont know what else you could use!

Double-A-Ron

15 June 2008 at 6:51pm

Thanks for trying Will. The Documentation above specifically states:

The following $ variables can be used in the template. Replace “Expires” with the name of your database field.
$Expires.Range(date2)

I have tried using range in a function on the page controller, but I get a 'non-object' error. May be a bug?