Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Login page stopped working

Go to End

14 Posts   7520 Views

thejackel

Community Member, 33 Posts

17 June 2008 at 9:42pm

Hello,

I know this topic has been covered before but my issue is slightly different.

I used t be able to login fine by apending /admin to the end of my sites url.

Now, for some reason today its stoped working and sends me to a page not found error?!

Very strange, I haven't changed anything and all was working fine yesterday.

So instead of using the /admin path I used the full /Security/login path which takes me to the correct login screen.

I inserted my login details and when I try to login it just says 'Welcome Back, Chris'.

Does anyone know what the issue could be with this?

Thanks in advance.

PassePartout

Community Member, 21 Posts

18 June 2008 at 1:15am

I'm having this same problem. When I go to the login page and try to login, I can't login, but if I try again it says I'm already logged in... then I have to click on the CMS link in the bottom right to actually get to the CMS. I also can't save or publish anything to the published site, it's like an endless saving loop.

thejackel

23 June 2008 at 9:40pm

Edited: 23/06/2008 9:40pm

i've emptied my cache and deleted all cookies but i still have the same problem.

i've read somewhere that if a user is logged in and the session times out without them logging out - problems can occur with the login process??

anybody else had this (or the redirect) problem?

anybody know the solution?

thanks

stylesheeter

Community Member, 2 Posts

5 July 2008 at 7:05am

Edited: 05/07/2008 7:39am

Aaaack! I've had a similar experience.

The CMS loaded fine. My custom template took and I entered content. Then one day (the day I was going to show the site to my client, natch), the /admin page went wonky.

It says, "Enter your email address and password to access the CMS," but the form fields have vanished, so it's impossible to login. Same thing at /Security/login.

Sometimes in IE6(!) I'll see the form and be able to log in. But never in Firefox. I work on a PC, my client uses a Mac. He hasn't been able to edit any of his content. I have to do it for him (when I can locate a login form).

I'm more of a front-end (xhtml / css) guy with some (very) basic understanding of the back-end. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

6 July 2008 at 1:24pm

Have you got a $Form varible in your custom Page.ss template - this is where the login form renders to

but if I try again it says I'm already logged in

There was a bug with the login form not correctly redirecting a user after logging in but I believe that should have been fixed. Maybe not :(

stylesheeter

Community Member, 2 Posts

9 July 2008 at 6:14am

Willr,
You hit it on the head; the $Form variable was missing.

Login works fine now.

Thanks-a-million!

-rs-

thejackel

10 July 2008 at 3:00am

My original problem still exists.

I've had to resort to working directly on the demo server because I cannot log into my local site anymore.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

10 July 2008 at 1:33pm

If you go to /admin and it gives a 404 then you should make sure a) a cms folder exists and there is a cms/_config.php with the correct director rule - something like 'admin/$Action/$ID/$OtherID' => 'CMSMain', should be in the list

Go to Top