Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Tutorial question

2 Posts   889 Views

cmstester

Community Member, 15 Posts

20 June 2008 at 3:12am

I've review the 2nd tutorial here on the SS.com site and implemented the showing of news on the front page. I have one problem, however. It implements the news as an unordered list like so:

<div id="Content" class="typography">      
   $Content
   <ul id="NewsList">
      <% control Children %>
         <li class="newsDateTitle"><a href="$Link" title="Read more on &quot;{$Title}&quot;">$Title</a></li>
         <li class="newsDateTitle">$Date.Nice</li>
         <li class="newsSummary">$Content.FirstParagraph <a href="$Link" title="Read more on &quot;{$Title}&quot;">Read more &gt;&gt;</a></li>
      <% end_control %>
   </ul>
</div>

The issue with this is it bulled the title, the date and the article summary. This looks awful. I want it to look more like a blog post like the blog module. I can't use the blog module though because i'm using it for something else. How can i change this or what can I change it to to make it not show the bullets without editing the css to remove bullets from an UL?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

20 June 2008 at 1:59pm

Just change the ul to a paragraph or something?

<div id="Content" class="typography">
$Content
<% control Children %>
   <div class="newsArticle">
   <h3><a href="$Link" title="Read more on &quot;{$Title}&quot;">$Title</h3>
   <p>$Date.Nice</p>
      <p>$Content.FirstParagraph <a href="$Link" title="Read more on &quot;{$Title}&quot;">Read more &gt;&gt;</a><p>
   </div>
<% end_control %>
</ul>
</div>