Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

I'm trying to import and embed things from other sites....


Reply


5 Posts   1307 Views

Avatar
herbnerd

Community Member, 2 Posts

29 June 2008 at 1:14pm

and assuming I'm using the correct terminology, such things are not working.

I'm working on a site for my father-in-law's church. I've used Blogspot (partly because I'm restricted on webspace, secondly, it gets good ranking via Google), I've used photobucket for storing and linking the photos (F-I-L seems to want hundreds of photos for people to see. And naturally, I'm using SS for everything else

A friend, who did the logo for me, gave me a link to his website (including his logo) but this would not work The pic disappeared but a link stayed.

Secondly, I'm trying to add a link to a daily bible quote, and for whatever reason, the code gets stripped off and nothing seems to work. Again, the pic disappeared but the link stayed to be clicked on.

I'm no expert, so please forgive any ignorance displayed!

Rob

www.efks-ranui.co.nz

Avatar
Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 604 Posts

1 July 2008 at 11:42am

Can you tell us exactly how you are adding these links/bible quotes to your site?

Are you just entering them in the CMS? Or coding them onto the page?

Cheers
Aaron

Avatar
herbnerd

Community Member, 2 Posts

2 July 2008 at 10:53pm

Where sites have been generating code to C&P into the site, I have been clicking on the HTML tab, and inserting the code in the relevant place.

Sometimes this works (as in linking photos from photobucket) but trying to link a bible quotes page doesn't.

Avatar
Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 604 Posts

3 July 2008 at 9:50am

Mate, we need more details if anyone is going to help you.

Avatar
Sam

Administrator, 685 Posts

7 July 2008 at 1:18pm

SilverStripe CMS strips out unsafe content such as javacscript; this might be the reason that you're having problems.

It might be less error prone if you create a TextareaField in your page class, which is included in your template somewhere appropriate. The TextareaField won't alter your content like the WYSIWYG editor.