Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

massive error when user press enter in the cms

Go to End

12 Posts   32942 Views

dospuntocero

Community Member, 54 Posts

29 June 2008 at 10:53pm

if a user press enter in a field to save the form instead of using the save button silverstripe totally breaks. error as follows:

FATAL ERROR: No action button has been clicked in this form executon, and no default has been allowed
At line 213 in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/patagonicas/sapphire/core/control/Controller.php

user_error(No action button has been clicked in this form executon, and no default has been allowed,256)
line 213 of Controller.php

Controller->run(Array)
line 104 of Director.php

Director::direct(admin/)
line 158 of main.php

is there a way to fix this or I need to put in the bugs section?

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 604 Posts

1 July 2008 at 11:39am

Where exactly is this error ocurring?

dospuntocero

1 July 2008 at 11:45am

in every page generated in the cms. this error happens for example when you write the title of a new page and press enter (to publish the document) instead of tab (to go to the next field in the new page form)

Double-A-Ron

1 July 2008 at 11:48am

So the error comes up on the CMS admin side? Or the frontend public side?

dospuntocero

1 July 2008 at 11:54am

admin side

Double-A-Ron

2 July 2008 at 12:54pm

But there are three submit buttons at the base of the admin. Noone ever said that pressing enter activates the "Save" one. Infact, I'm not sure what a browser's default behavior would be with multiple submit buttons on a form. But I imagine it would differ between FF and IE.

Is this functionality really all that critical? I don't think you can expect a user to assume that pressing enter Saves a page. At least I wouldn't. They might assume that it Saves and Publishes.

Aaron

dospuntocero

3 July 2008 at 3:54am

but at least if you press enter, the ideal behaviour will be not put an horrendous error on it, maybe do nothing

Double-A-Ron

3 July 2008 at 9:47am

Hmm, too true. Whether or not this is possible without creating even more confusing behavior is another thing. Perhaps submit it as a bug for the team to look into?

Go to Top