Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

massive error when user press enter in the cms

Go to End

12 Posts   34133 Views

dospuntocero

Community Member, 54 Posts

29 June 2008 at 10:53pm

if a user press enter in a field to save the form instead of using the save button silverstripe totally breaks. error as follows:

FATAL ERROR: No action button has been clicked in this form executon, and no default has been allowed
At line 213 in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/patagonicas/sapphire/core/control/Controller.php

user_error(No action button has been clicked in this form executon, and no default has been allowed,256)
line 213 of Controller.php

Controller->run(Array)
line 104 of Director.php

Director::direct(admin/)
line 158 of main.php

is there a way to fix this or I need to put in the bugs section?

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

1 July 2008 at 11:39am

Where exactly is this error ocurring?

dospuntocero

1 July 2008 at 11:45am

in every page generated in the cms. this error happens for example when you write the title of a new page and press enter (to publish the document) instead of tab (to go to the next field in the new page form)

Double-A-Ron

1 July 2008 at 11:48am

So the error comes up on the CMS admin side? Or the frontend public side?

dospuntocero

1 July 2008 at 11:54am

admin side

Double-A-Ron

2 July 2008 at 12:54pm

But there are three submit buttons at the base of the admin. Noone ever said that pressing enter activates the "Save" one. Infact, I'm not sure what a browser's default behavior would be with multiple submit buttons on a form. But I imagine it would differ between FF and IE.

Is this functionality really all that critical? I don't think you can expect a user to assume that pressing enter Saves a page. At least I wouldn't. They might assume that it Saves and Publishes.

Aaron

dospuntocero

3 July 2008 at 3:54am

but at least if you press enter, the ideal behaviour will be not put an horrendous error on it, maybe do nothing

Double-A-Ron

3 July 2008 at 9:47am

Hmm, too true. Whether or not this is possible without creating even more confusing behavior is another thing. Perhaps submit it as a bug for the team to look into?

Go to Top